Visa Requirement for Foreign Participants
Please be aware that participants from every country may require Indian visa to travel to Mumbai. The procedure for visa, including biometric data collection may take considerable time (in some cases up to a month). Please check with the relevant Indian Embassy about the application procedure at the earliest. We recommend that you apply for "conference visa" for the event, however please confirm this with the Indian Embassy/Consulate in your country.
Airport & Flight Information
The closest major airport is Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai. It is better to fly directly to Mumbai if possible (Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai has good number of international flights in operation). The distance from the airport to the conference venue is about 20 kms. It is advisable to take a pre-paid taxis at the airport which may cost around Rs. 400/-
The other nearest airport is Pune, which is located some 160 km from Mumbai.
- International Flights To/From India Schedule
- International Airlines operating from Mumbai Terminal 2
- Airlines that fly to Mumbai
Local Travel Information
The conference venue can be reached by air, train, road
- By air: The domestic airport in Mumbai is about 25 kms from the conference venue. You can reach the venue by pre-paid taxi which may cost about Rs. 400/-
- By train: Participants arriving by train can alight at CST, Dadar, Thane, Kalyan, (Main line); Bombay Central, Bandra, (Westerrn line); LTT, Panvel (Harbour line). The nearest junctions to reach venue are Thane, LTT, Panvel.
- By local train: The station of the conference venue is Mankhurd (harbour line).
- By road: The venue is closest to the Sion-Panvel highway.
The voltage in India is 220-240 volts, (50 Hertz). This is the same as, or similar to, most countries in the world including Australia, Europe and the UK. However, it's different to the 110-120 volt electricity with 60 cycles per second that's used in the United States for small appliances.
The type D has three large round pins in a triangular pattern. It is rated at 5 amps. Type M, which has larger pins and is rated at 15 amps, is used alongside type D for larger appliances. Some sockets can take both type M and type D plugs. We recommend getting a universal adapter and converter kit.